jueves, 29 de mayo de 2014

3 Healthy Breakfast Ideas

I find that eating healthy in the morning motivates me to stay healthy throughout the day. Not only have I learned, (the hard way), that you are what you eat and that diet is an 80% of staying fit, but also, I have come to enjoy cooking in the morning and having "me time" at breakfast. I find that I'm most creative when no-one else is around, and I have time to dig deep into my thoughts. This process is always well accompanied by a healthy meal.

I try to keep my breakfasts clean. What do I mean by "clean"? Well divided. If I'm going for fruit, I stick with fruit. If I'm going with toast or cereal, I stick to carbs. If I want an omelette, I keep it to just proteins. No mixing. Except with veggies. You can never go wrong with more veggies.

Here are three of the breakfasts I had this week. AKA, my three breakfast ideas:

1. So tropical!
So, this is what I'll have if I didn't do so well with my eating the day before. Pineapple helps clean out your system, and I'm sticking to veggies and fruits to keep my body eating light.

- Cranberry Juice.
- 2 Avocados with lemon, salt and two teaspoons of olive oil. (DONT BE AFRAID OF OLIVE OIL! IT'S GOOD FOR YOU!)
- Half a pineapple.
- 8 thin slices of cucumber.



2. Before-Gym Magic.
I usually work-out in the mornings, so a boost of energy and protein is a must! Coffee is BY FAR my favourite part of my breakfast, unfortunately, once I start I don't stop. So I try to have it only 3 days a week.

- Grounded coffee with skimmed milk and stevia.
- Half a red pepper sautéed with 5 medium size mushrooms and a tablespoon of margarine.
- 2 scrambled eggs.


3. Eat your greens!
As you can probably tell, I'm a big fan of avocado. We get THE best avocado in Chile almost all year around, so, it is super present in my diet. Cool fact: Avocado and Asparagus are high in glutathione, which is a detoxifying compound that helps break down bad compounds like carcinogens. So their yummy AND really good for you!

- Hibiscus Tea (Starbucks)
- Small batch of Asparagus sautéed with two teaspoons of olive oil and salt.
- 2 Avocado with 2 teaspoons of olive oil and lemon.


Hopefully you get some ideas from my healthy breakfasts, and it inspires you to live a healthier and happier lifestyle!
V

4 comentarios:

  1. awesomely exotic for this country, I rlly can't get used to the veggie-breakfast-type, but it look delicious for a brunch or early lunch at office :) my biggest challenge is to cut out some sugar of my diet, I don't have it by itself but my breakfast needs to be sweet, like fruits n oatmeal, or some almond mylk with cereal <3

    thanks for the ideas <3

    ResponderBorrar
  2. buenas ideas pero demasiado alejadas de la realidad de la mayoría de los chilenos..
    kizas es porque tu mentalidad es más gringa..es comprensible..pero el 80% del país nos tomamos un té y pan con palta :P Saludos
    Abi

    ResponderBorrar
  3. Una amiga me mostró tu face, estuve mirando tus videos y están muy buenos!, ademas que ser muy linda tienes looks increíbles...podrias escribir en español también! Saludos!
    te invito a visitar mi blog
    http://mi-otra-piel.blogspot.com/

    ResponderBorrar
  4. Hola Vesta, oye me encantó tu blog, pero igual podrías poner las fotos más grandes, siempre es mejor para un blog :)

    Saludos

    ResponderBorrar