martes, 15 de julio de 2014

Coffee To-Go: The New It Accessory?

Coffee To-Go: The New It Accessory?

If you know me at all, you know that I do a lot of crazy sh*t for a good instagram picture. I’ll wait to find the right backdrop to take a #OOTD, stand in crazy spots to get just the right amount of light or not eat a meal as it comes to the table so that I can reorganize the plates to take an overview shot (refraining from eating food is by far the hardest/craziest part). However, I have yet to master my newest discovery: The “coffee-on-the-go” look. 




From celebs being caught by paps with their Skinny Vanilla Lattes or their Chai Teas, to Instagrammers posing with their Green Tea Frappuchinos, the Coffee-To-go has become the new “It-Accesory”. We see it all over Instagram. On breakfast tables, in #OOTD pictures, in selfies and even shots of just the coffee/tea. 


I am a huge caffeine hound, so I get how your coffee can be your partner in crime when it comes to a cute picture, but in the last 6 months, I’ve seen a crazy amount of people posing with their energy-boosters. Starbucks has definitely benefited form this phenomenon. It is by FAR the most sought to to-go cup. I mean, if you think about it, these girls and guys could just have a whole stack of starbucks cups in their kitchen they fill up with water just for a cute picture in the AM. Its like this green mermaid is the new LV or DKNY we pay so much for to have plastered all over our clothes. Just a symbol. Just an image. But coffee-to-go is the new bestie to our fashion bloggers. 


I am guilty of many Instagram clichés, but when I get coffee, I get it as a response to my addiction (which I’m in battle with) and love affaire with caffeine. I think adding a coffee-to-go to my Instagram shots will eventually happen, but for the right reasons: The only natural next step in a relationship --> going public. Coffee, I love you. 


2 comentarios:

  1. Interesting about the coffee and all that evolves to a fashion and way to express one's moods or simply an #OOTD !!! which it would be very appealing as yours, delighting to the ideas in how to dress beautifully, (ladies of course lol) or one of the most important, feeling comfortable.
    I love your #OOTD, the spots you were in, that cloudy beautiful day. It's perfect! Greetings to you.

    ResponderBorrar
  2. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderBorrar